The Gen IV is Vintage Air's most powerful and intelligent climate control system. The Gen IV uses an exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control system that eliminates cables or vacuum connections. Separate high-capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate-and fin-cooling coils provide outstanding performance and instant temperature adjustments.
Additional features include variable blower speed and dash/floor/defrost blend.
For a really trick installation, add a Dakota Digital automatic climate control panel! These small, stylish units add "set it and forget it" automatic temperature control, much like you'd find in a late model car or truck. Set it to your desired temp and let the Dakota Digital unit take over.
Available to match VHX, HDX and RTX instrument systems, check out the DCC lineup here.
Estimated lead time: four weeks from order date.
**Evaporator kit includes the evaporator unit and mounting brackets louvers (where required) duct hose wiring harness new rotary controls hardware and installation instructions.
- Fly-By-Wire fully electronic servo motor controls with no cables or capillary tube to route
- Infinite just-right-temperature air blending
- Infinite blower fan speed adjustment
- High-volume dehumidified defrost mode
- Separate high-capacity aluminum plate & fin cooling coil
- Copper/brass CuproBraze™ parallel-flow heater coil
- Mounts behind the dash
- New rotary controls included
- Flat steel firewall cover panel
- Replacement molded glove box (reduced capacity)
This kit fits New Design 1955-later-season through 1959 Chevrolet Pickups. Chevrolet ended the Advanced Design-model trucks in mid-1955.
- Some installations may require additional engine pulleys not included with kits. You must provide pulleys, V-belts, heater hoses and refrigerant.
- We recommend using our heavy-duty fan blade and shroud.
- SureFit™ systems may interfere with some OEM radios or in-dash speakers.