Whipple, known for its industry leading upgrade systems and technological innovations, has now brought the same technology to the 2015-2016 3.5L V6 F150 with the Whipple Stage 1 system. The stage 1 systems couples the Whipple Mega Cooler, roto molded high velocity cold air intake and industry leading calibration to make an amazing 100* foot pounds of torque and 80* horsepower more than stock giving more power under the curve for incredible throttle response.
The Whipple Monster Cooler offers 54% greater volume and 8% more surface area. The bar and plate type intercooler features offset fin on both the cold and hot side, allowing for increased cooling capacity while fitting into the stock packaging, yet significantly outperforming the stock cooler. Test show a 60 degree (F) drop in temperature just on the dyno, yet even bigger gains are shown during real world applications. The colder air allows increased spark advance and more O2 to the engine, resulting in more power while maintaining safety.
The Whipple high velocity air intake system boast the CAD driven, CFD modeled rotor molded plastic air intake that maximizes air speed while reducing inlet restrictions. The air system features the velocity stack gauze type filter with extra wide pleats, giving the air filter the capacity to flow over 132% more air than a stock paper filter.
The Stage 1 system heart and soul is the industry leading calibration. Whipple and it's Ford calibration team worked feverishly using advanced tools to develop a calibration that could maximize power while being legal and safe at the same time. After countless dyno and real-world testing in multiple environments, the engineers were able to extract massive levels of torque and horsepower yet maintaining factory type safety settings. Each system features the Whipple flash tool that allows easy uploading and downloading of the custom files. The Whipple Flash tool also features read and erase trouble codes, live data and data logging capacity.
The Whipple Stage 1 system is the first and only 50-state legal Ecoboost complete upgrade package available today (2015-2020 CARB approved), allowing for upgrades in all 50-states. EO-D231-64.
Installation Time: 1.0 hour
Some exclusive features of the Stage 1 Kit:
- Massive oversized intercooler
- Dyno proven gains
- 54% greater volume than stock intercooler
- Over 60deg F drop in temperature on the dyno
- Over 100deg F drop in temperature during torture testing steady state
- Cast high flow end tanks
- Bulletproof bar-and-plate construction
- Offset fin on both cold and hot side
- High Flow air intake system
- Increased boost for more power
- Updated shift schedule
- Increased RPM shift points
- Updated pedal mapping
- Auto start/stop turned off
- Increased speed limit
No cutting or grinding required.
*Flywheel power ratings with 93 octane. Power levels may vary depending on octane and conditions.
INDUSTRY LEADING POWER
- 150TRQ/80HP* peak gain over stock using 93 octane.
- Over 200 foot pounds of torque increase under the curve.
- Massive Mega Cooler featuring 54% greater volume then stock intercooler.
- High velocity cold air intake system for unmatched airflow.
- Bolt-on performance, no modifications required.
- Advanced PCM calibration using advanced tools for uncomparable drive-ability and performance.
- 91 or higher octane fuel compatible.
- Powder coated heat shield.
- Unique induction whine from Whipple intake system.
- Zero cutting or modifying vehicle.
- Complete kit.
- SCT X4 flash tool included.
- 50-state emissions legal
*Power levels may vary depending on octane and operating conditions.
Whipple engineers developed the largest, most efficient intercooler avaiable that requires zero modifications to the vehicle. Using advanced CFD modeling, the Whipple Mega Cooler significantly outflows the stock intercooler while offering significantly cooler air. The bar and plate type intercooler features offset airfin with 16 fins per inch, creating increased cooling with low pressure drop.
MY2015-MY2016 EB STAGE 1 INSTALL [Download]
The Mega Cooler is 21" x 9.2" x 4.5", 193.2 square inches of surface area and 54% greature volume then the stock unit.
The Stage 1 system boast the all new CAD designed and CFD modeled cold air intake system. The oversized roto molded air tube features a high velocity shape to minimize intake losses while boosting performance. The Whipple intake system features the R2C black series hexagon high flow filter that outflows the stock panel type filter by an amazing 132%. The conical shaped filter features the velocity intake end for incredible airflow compared to closed end type filters.