Pickup trucks have long been a popular platform for chassis swaps. As the 1950’s-70’s trucks become more scarce and a younger generation of builders step forward, the popularity of the ‘OBS’ GM truck has grown. To meet the growing demand, Roadster Shop has moved forward with the development of an all new, unique chassis and suspension package specifically for these vehicles.
A shift in the usability and drivability of modified pick-up trucks has become very apparent over recent years. No longer are these trucks looked at simply as hot rods or ‘fair-weather’ vehicles. When making the investment in a chassis for a modified truck build, customers now demand both functionalityand daily drivability.
The challenge was set and we moved forward to develop the OBS Low-Pro chassis. A chassis offering the super low stance that builders seek, and for the first time ever, does not require raising your bed floor. This means you can now build a truck which, when aired out, will sit virtually on the groundand retain the stock bed floor height for full use of the bed for hauling, storage, or even your favorite cooler.
This was all accomplished through the industry’s first low-profile, trailing arm IRS system. Tightly packaged beneath the factory bed structure sits an OEM GM differential with a completely new and innovative link system supporting a trailing arm with airbag and cantilevered shock set up. Shock motion ratios front and rear come in at nearly 1:1 with the help of a specifically engineered cantilever system, completely unique to the chassis aftermarket. This system delivers the most shock travel and accurate valving giving the best ride quality in the industry. Cornering performance is maintained through DOM mandrel bent sway bars and a completely new front suspension geometry, specifically designed for our OBS platform.
Front and rear track widths allow the use of the largest and most commonly available aftermarket wheel and tire packages. Full unrestricted steering angle was engineered into the front suspension to maximize turning radius.
All popular engine and transmission combinations have been accommodated in the design with the majority of them requiring no modifications to your factory floor.
18 Week Lead Time
- C7 spindles
- Power rack & pinion steering
- HD fabricated upper and lower control arms
- Airbag suspension with cantilever mounted shocks
- Tubular front sway bar
- RS Exclusive Laser Rails
- Dual 5” inner and outer main frame rails for unmatched strength
- Engine mounts available for SBC/BBC/LS/LT
- Universal, adjustable trans mount designed to work with all auto & manual configurations
- Factory core support, body, and bumper mounts
- Integrated mounting points for air tanks, air management, ride height sensors, and air line routing.
- Clearance for 3” Exhaust
- Fabricated HD trailing arm with C7 sealed bearing and brake mounts
- Billet multi link arms
- GM Limited Slip Center differential
- 300m drive axles with 930 CV’s